Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Not much to say, too much to do

Greetings from Lazy Hollow. I am being very slug-like and feeling quite guilty about it all. I really don't know why I feel guilty about ceasing my perpetual motion for a few days. I feel uneasy inside about not doing *anything* when, truly, there is so much to do! My unorganized closet mocks me as I curl up on the couch under a blanket and watch the umpteenth Tivoed episode of my soap. (I need to catch up!) Obviously, I don't feel guilty enough *not* to be lazy, so we see which of my personality traits is the stronger. I am the procrastination princess. The to-do list is being tackled, albeit, slowly. I am actually showered and dressed before 9 today, and will see the light of day before noon! This is progress, folks.

On Thursday, I 'm heading to the beach for sun, sand, surf, and, well, lots of drinks and laughs with some of my girlfriends. These girls, um, women, are the wives/fiancees of my husband's good friends and core group from high school. These eight guys are friends the way that women are friends, and I mean that in a good way. They talk almost every day, travel to see each other, gossip like a bunch of old biddies, and they get together once a year for drunken debauchery, video games, fishing, playing Asshole(the card game, get your minds out of the gutter), and beer pong. As a defense mechanism, I think, we women have become very close. Through countless weddings, get togethers, and trips we ignore their general group weirdness and gossip, drink and laugh a lot together. This year, we women are going to have our first annual get away, leaving the boys at home with the various and sundry offspring. Most of all, we are doing it to hang out and get some girly time. Secondarily, I think, some of us are doing this to give the boys a taste of their own medicine. I don't include myself in this group, because Mr. Whoo does a whole lot of child care. He has to do this, as I am not always readily available, delivering babies and whatnot, but he does a really great job of parenting. I think he is better at parenting than I.

At any rate, sorry for the un-inspiring post, but it is reflecting my general mood at this moment in time! I'm off to shop for beach clothes, bottled water, gatorade, snacks, tequila, mixers, and (the all important) ibuprofen. I think I may actually be enjoying my lazy summer vacation.

2 comments:

Guinness_Girl said...

Ahh, sounds so nice! I am jealous and wish I had a girly weekend scheduled, too! I will have to wait until October for mine. Blah. Have a wonderful trip, Dr. Whoo.

dr. whoo? said...

I am nervous about driving by myself, but with air travel being as it is, I'm glad I'm driving and not flying! (Can't travel without my Chapstick, you know!) October will be here before you know it, and hopefully, one of these days, we can get up to your neck of the woods for a visit. :) Have a great weekend!